Saturday, April 30, 2011

Formal Three Reflection


Pablo Barajas
Eng 101
Final Reflection

I have honestly never taken a class like English 101 before. It was a completely unique writing and learning experience. I feel like I grew so much from the beginning of the semester to the end. One of the hardest things for me is trying to connect my writing to another author’s ideas from their own essays.
Formal 3 was one of the harder essays I’ve written. I believe it was because of the connection I had to make to Didion. Thinking about connecting Didion to Stewie Griffin was definitely a daunting task. Compared to Formal 1, I believe my connections were deeper than they were writing “Human Zoo”. Personally I didn’t enjoy or get as much out of Fromm and Thoreau as I did Joan Didion. I really liked and felt more connected to her writings.
One thing I wish I were able to do better is being able to make clearer thought transitions. I feel like mine are just all over the place. I write on sentence that I could probably write a half of a page on, but all I get out is one sentence, then I just stumble into another idea.
One thing I feel like I don’t have too much trouble with and that I am happy with in Formal 3 would be my analysis. I feel like I gave a thorough analysis of who Stewie is as a person and what his goals in life are. It made it easier also to analyze someone that you’re interested in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment